Monday, January 2, 2012

Love and Betrayal

This is dedicated to my great 3 loves for whom the world will never know:  fashion, jewelry and beauty - (figurative of course)

Love and Betrayal

A Poem by JohnTheSavage


Your smile kills the darkness in my heart
Hours near you seem like fleeting moments
But fate is cruel and we must be apart
Betraying a friend has no atonements

It was only one night spent together
Walking elated far above the clouds
Around you I'm floating like a feather
Then reality drapes me in black shrouds

Should I follow the siren calls of love?
Should I steal you from the arms of a friend?
To be as hated as rats in a pub
Breaking something that I may never mend

If I give in and confess all that is true, 
Will you love me the way that I love you?

© 2011 JohnTheSavage


2 comments:

  1. ah, love and betrayal, two things that are hard to recover from if both in tandem are done unjustly...as for your three great loves, i may have an insight into one of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. but its a good sonnet by John, greatly captures the emotions behind love & betrayal, i`ll be saving this one

    ReplyDelete