Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Virtues of Surah Al-Fatiha

by fesabilillah on August 28, 2009
fatiha
image credit: fesabilillah
Muslim records on the authority of Abu Hurayrah (radiyAllahu anhu) who said that the Messenger of Allah Muhammad ﷺ (peace be upon him) said:

     “Allah, the Glorious and Exalted said, “I have divided the prayer between Myself and My 

     servant equally and My servant shall be granted what he asked for.” 

Therefore when the servant says, ‘All praises and thanks are due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds’, 

     Allah says, “My servant has praised Me.” 

When he says, ‘The All-Merciful, the Most Merciful,’ 

     Allah says “My servant has extolled me.” 

When he says, ‘Master of the Day of Judgment,’ 

     Allah says, “My servant has glorified Me.” 

When he says, ‘You Alone we worship and Your aid Alone do we seek,’ 

     Allah says, “This is between Me and My servant and My servant shall have what he 

     requested.” 
When he says, ‘Guide us to the Straight Path, the Path of those whom You have favored, not [the path] of those who have earned [Your] anger, nor of those who have gone astray,’ 

     Allah says, “This is for My servant and My servant shall have what he asked for.”

(Muslim Eng. Trans., vol. 1, pg. 215, #775)

No comments:

Post a Comment