Sunday, August 12, 2012

"I love, I understand, and I help because it is who I am. It’s my nature."

"‎They say, “Don’t love people who don’t love you back”, “Don’t be too nice to people or they will take advantage of you”. I say, those things don’t matter to me. Take advantage of me, don’t love me back, so be it. As long as I’m always doing my best to be there for people, that will suffice. I don’t need to be rewarded. I don’t need the gratitude, the appreciation, the love in return. That’s egotistical. I rather take all the hurt, and the blows if it means the other person at stake is saved. I love, I understand, and I help because it is who I am. It’s my nature. I’ll give up my pride just to make sure you’re happy. No matter what. I will always be there. I will make myself look weak, stepped over, and abused just to be able to give my love at its fullest. Because the “weakness” is a mere illusion, a misconception and an ego driven state of mind. The only truth that is everlasting is Love. And that’s the only truth I will abide to."
- anon (via childofgurunanak)

No comments:

Post a Comment