Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Conduct of Pride in Islam

It is narrated by Hareesh ibn Wahb that Prophet Muhammad  (peace be upon him) said:
         "Shall I inform you about the inmates of Hell? Every vulgar, uncivilized and proud person."
         (Bukhari, Muslim)


It is reported by Abu Hurairah that Prophet Muhammad  (peace be upon him) said:
         "Almighty Allah has revealed (to me): Majestic Pride is My garment, is my robe, and 
         greatness, bigness, loftiness, splendor, this is My Garment and whoever competes with Me 
         for any one of these thing then I will not look at who he is. I will throw him into the Fire of hell." 
         (Muslim)


Ibn Mas'ud reported that Prophet Muhammad  (peace be upon him) said:
         "Whoever has pride in his heart equal to the weight of an atom, shall not enter Paradise."
A man inquired about a person who likes to wear beautiful clothes and fine shoes, and Rasulullah  (peace be upon him) answered:
         "Allah is beautiful and likes beauty. Pride means rejoicing the truth because of self-esteem 
         and looking down on other people." (Muslim)

No comments:

Post a Comment